Monday 30 November 2009

Digipak research

I researched some existing digipaks and CD covers of various artists before designing my own. I looked at Katy Perry's album and single covers as I am using her song for my music video and I would like to encorporate the design into my own digipak. This is Katy Perry's One of the Boys album cover. Katy Perry is known for being promiscuous and the photo of her enhances this image as it her shows her lying on a sun longer biting a pair of glasses in a suggestive manner. She is also wearing little clothing, suggesting that she is appealing to a male audience. Katy Perry's outfit is reminiscent of the fifties era and the bright and contrasting colours of the cover reflect her unconventional style of dress. Katy Perry's name is in pink bubble writing reflecting her youth and is in contrast to 'One of the Boys' which is written in blue font. For my cover I downloaded a similar font to the one used on this cover so it reflected Katy Perry's fun and unconventional image. 
This is an alternate cover for Katy Perry's album. The same font is used for the text but in different contrasting colours. I like the layout of this cover and will use this style for my cover, with a medium close up of the artist on one side and the text placed next to her. In both covers, Katy Perry is dressed in contrast to the title of the album One of the Boys - in her official album cover, the colour pink seems to be the main colour scheme and she is dressed quite feminine in both covers, in contrast to the lyrics of the song which portray her as a tomboy. I am going to use this idea in the cover of my album.

No comments:

Post a Comment